Thursday 4 June 2015

Favourite Locales in Kingston

I thought I would try to compile a post about the place I go in town for my regular life.  I will try to link to ones that have links, but I'm still trying to get an idea of how to properly do this blogger thing, so bear with my and please comment with any ideas or things you did or didn't like about my posts!

First, some local websites I use to get in information about what is going on around town, or which recycling night it is!

City Of Kingston - this is the city's website.  You can find almost anything you need to know about Kingston here.  I use it for waste collection schedules, transit maps, community events, parking info and lot of other stuff.

Downtown Kingston! - their tag line is: Dine.Shop.Enjoy.  This is more of a tourism website.  Here is what is says in the About Us section; The Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of more than 700 businesses located in the core commercial area of the City of Kingston. The BIA promotes Downtown Kingston! as the vibrant and healthy commercial, retail, residential, and entertainment centre of our region, attracting more people to live, shop, work and gather.  This site is great for events happening downtown, as well as restaurants and retail stores you might like to check out.

Now some places I frequent::
Quarry Medical Pharmacy - this is my workplace, and also my pharmacy.  We are great.  I love everyone at the store, both staff and customers alike.  We pride ourselves on our fantastic customer service.  If you need a pharmacy (or a tube of toothpaste) please consider QMP.

Greco's Wine Bar and Grill -  I would say this is my favourite restaurant in the city.  There are a ton of restaurants, but this one is always great.  Casual fine dining, small space, also great customer service and they always recognize their repeat customers.  Oh and the food is fabulous too!

Kingston School of Dance - my daughters take dance classes here.  I believe this is the only non-competitive dance school in town.  The people there are fantastic and really care about the kids working at their own pace and developing skills individually.  I understand many of the "big girls" go on to dance in esteemed dance troupes or schools after they graduate from high school (or in the summers between)

The Tett Centre - this is where Kingston School of Dance is located.  Taken from the website: The J.K. Tett Centre is a City of Kingston-owned heritage building on the Lake Ontario waterfront. It is operated by the Tett Centre for Creativity and Learning, a not-for-profit arts organization made up of tenant groups and community members... If you are visiting Kingston, The Tett Center offers lots of opportunity to enrich yourself in the Canadian arts, such as plays, concerts, and dance. We have many visitors and members who join us from nearby places like Inverary, Verona, Seeley's Bay, Mallorytown, Belleville and Odessa.

Springer Market Square - the hub of downtown Kingston.  Many events happen here, as well as a Farmer's Market on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from May until it snows.

Kingston's Grand Theatre - the prime performing arts venue in town.  Kingston School of Dance puts on it's end-of-year performance here every year, as well as concerts, comedians, other dance and ballet performances, and of course plays are all performed here.

Cataraqui Centre - this is the indoor mall in town.  The kids like to go run around, and there are occasional "shows" (My Little Pony, Toopy & Binoo, fashion shows etc) we catch sometimes.  Of course there are stores and they just re-did the food court.  It's a fine rainy-day activity, but can be quite congested with people at times.

I'm sure there are many more places we go on a regular basis, but I've hit the wall for this post, I think. More posts to come!

Toodles!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home