Tuesday 22 March 2016

Easter Events Around Town

This weekend is Easter.  It's early this year, but I think I'm pretty ready for it.  So much so, in fact, that I have a short list of things happening around town we may partake of this weekend!

The first item we saw was happening was the Fur, Feathers and Fins petting zoo happening at the Frontenac Mall.  We noticed this when we went to see Little Ray's exhibit over March Break.  The Fur, Feathers and Fins is happening Saturday March 26th from 11 til 4.  $2 per person or $5 per family (all benefits to Easter Seals!)  We've been to this in the past and the kids love looking at all the cute animals! *Facebook Event Page Here*

Another animal event is happening north of the city - in Sydenham/Harrowsmith.  It's Easter Farm Fun Day!  From 10 until 4 this Saturday you can visit this farm and participate in an egg hunt, some crafts, or plant a seed to take home.  There is a fee of $5 per person, or $20 per car (cash only, paid at the gate).  This is the first year I've heard of this event but it sounds like fun.  And there are baby animals at the farm! *Facebook Event Page Here*

Maple Madness is still in full swing this upcoming weekend, and for a few weekends more, I think.  Take the family to Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area for a learning session on Maple Syrup and how it's been made through the years.

In all my searching I haven't found any Easter Egg hunts around town this Easter.  But, I did find one local restaurant hosting an Easter Brunch Menu - Grizzly Grill's Easter Brunch.  There may be other fine eateries providing Easter fare, but I didn't find them during my evening of looking online for Easter things to do!

I'm actually a little disappointed I haven't stumbled over more Easter activities this year.  We, as a family, are busy both Friday and Sunday with family (which involves some travelling) but we do hope to take in some of the animal visiting after dance class on Saturday!

Happy Easter everyone!
~Jess

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home